Hi everyone, I just wanted to quickly share a few product photos of the items I picked out from Chanel's Harmonie de Printemps collection. I went to the mall to do some holiday shopping today but was sidetracked by the irresistible siren call of the Chanel counter. Spring has arrived! (Sidenote: I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by--I feel like winter hasn't even officially arrived here in South Florida, yet here I am buying spring makeup!)
I chose the three polishes: April, May, and June; the Blush Horizon de Chanel; and the shadow quad Eclosion. I'll try to post swatches at some point during the coming week or so--unfortunately, time (and sunlight) ran out before I could do so today. I took my photos in the early evening as the sun was setting, which, with my camera, causes colors to lean warm. If you don't have access to a counter in your area, be sure to check out other photos on the web: The Beauty Look Book has an excellent feature with very helpful polish comparisons, and also visit Best Things in Beauty for a detailed review and swatches of the Blush Horizon de Chanel.
I don't plan to purchase anything further from this collection as I need to cut down on expenses in general, so chose just the products that I "couldn't live without" which, of course, includes eye shadow and nail polish! And I could not resist the pretty stripe pattern on the blush--but not only is it aesthetically beautiful, the color also seems like it will be very flattering. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon! In case it's helpful, I've included a list of all of the products in this collection at the very end of this post.
Eclosion quad shown in evening sunlight above.
Note that the colors look more accurate in the macro photo shown below:
"From the break of dawn to the descent of twilight, skies reveal an enchanting array of hues with the arrival of Spring. Inspired by this brilliant seasonal change, Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, infused glowing, sunlit colour into the Spring 2012 Makeup Collection, HARMONIE DE PRINTEMPS. Subtle gradations of rose, coral and peach sculpt the face, giving it a soft radiance, while rich garnets and vivid pinks dress the lips."
- Glowing Blush Harmony ($58.00) - Blush Horizon de Chanel (Limited Edition)
- Poudre Universelle Compact / Natural Finish Pressed Powder ($45.00) - Jasmine (Limited Edition)
- Les 4 Ombres / Quadra Eyeshadow ($57.00) - Eclosion
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof / Long Lasting Eyeliner ($29.00) - Garnet
- Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadows ($28.50) - Rose de Mai and Tigerlily
- Rouge Coco ($32.00) - Superstition, Paradis, Charme, and Destinee
- Rouge Coco Shine / Hydrating Sheer Lipshine ($32.00) - Candeur and Flirt
- Levres Scintillantes / Glossimer ($28.50) - Petillant, Bonbon, and Bagatelle
- Le Crayon Levres / Precision Lip Definer ($29.00) Rose Corail and Bois de Rose
- Rouge Double Intensite / Ultra Wear Lip Colour ($34.00) - Rose Topaz (U.S. Exclusive)
- Rouge Coco Baume / Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm ($32.00)
- Le Vernis / Nail Colour ($25.00) - April, May, and June (Limited Edition)