When I first heard that Gwen Stefani was collaborating with Urban Decay on a palette I knew it would be something I would want to add to my collection, regardless of the shades included! But after receiving it I was so pleased that the colors in this palette turned out to be shades that I will be happy to use on a daily basis.
There is a majority of pale shades, which could be disappointing to some, but overall this is quite a versatile palette. It has many lovely neutrals as well as a few colorful shades, and has a nice balance of mattes and shimmers. Included are highlight, transition, and defining shades so that a complete, cohesive look can be achieved by using this one palette alone.
Gwen Stefani is said to have participated closely in the design process to ensure that the finished product would reflect her personal style. The packaging is made of sturdy plastic and includes a generously-sized mirror. It is perhaps not lightweight enough to be ideal for travel, but is nevertheless a fun, unique and eye-catching piece with elements of modern art.
|Row 1: Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady, Punk|
- Blonde (pale beige w/pink iridescent shift)
- Bathwater (pale beige w/gold pearl)
- Skimp (pale nude satin)
- Steady (medium rose w/metallic gold shift)
- Punk (reddish brown matte)
|Row 2: Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone, Serious|
- Baby (cool metallic rose)
- Anaheim (light taupe-brown matte)
- Stark (nude-pink matte)
- Zone (medium brown matte)
- Serious (smoky gray w/iridescent floating pearl)
|Row 3: Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987, Blackout|
- Pop (pale coral w/iridescent sparkle)
- Harajuku (metallic blue-pink w/iridescent micro-shimmer)
- Danger (deep metallic royal blue w/blue micro-sparkle)
- 1987 (bright metallic yellow-gold)
- Blackout (blackest black matte)
I can't wait to start putting this palette to use! I would recommend it to anyone, though the general consensus seems to be that it will appeal more to those with pale or light skin tones. I do think that it could work well for anyone really, especially if you already own many dark or vibrant shades and could use a few more highlight shades to supplement your existing collection.
As of this writing it is out of stock at Urban Decay, but it will be available at Sephora, both online and in stores, beginning on December 1st.
|Glitter reindeer from Target and candles from Bath & Body Works|